Saturday, April 16, 2005

Whole Day on No Salt

Not doing too badly. Was getting really tired of salads and fruit, so we went to Publix, since it's the largest grocery in our town. They had some no added salt spaghetti sauce in small jars, so I browned some extra lean ground chuck with onions and fresh mushrooms, took out some for me, put my husband's and son's aside and added Paul Newman's Sockarooni Sauce to their's. To mine I added the low salt sauce. You know, it wasn't half bad. I was pleasantly surprised. Also bought some dried figs (I LOVE figs) too, and they seem to be satisfying my sweet tooth for now.
I think I'm going through the "this can't be real" stage, thinking I'll suddenly find I can eat all my old favorite foods again. But I'm trying to ground myself and get busy finding new ways to cook.
There are a few websites dedicated to low salt cooking, and I found a grocery online where you can order about anything in a low salt variety to cook with. So...so far so good.

No comments: