Saturday, May 28, 2005

Laptops and Slinky Visitors?

I ordered a new laptop from Dell for my writing. It will have the wireless internet set-up so I can use it from the living room or bedroom or wherever. I made a list of all the story requests that different websites have posted. I have three short stories to write in the next month. I've also decided to write a romance novel set in the time around World War II. I've ordered some books and have been doing some historical research. My husband majored in history in college so is a great resource, too.
Ok, so I've got big ambitions. I decided if I was going to do this, I need to take it seriously. I've got to start spending more time each day in writing. I've got to attend workshops, creative writing groups, and bounce ideas off other writers. I organized my reference books today, so I have them handy.
I'm really feeling excited about this. I know I can sell short stories now, and I want to see how I do at a full-length novel. (My son says "a real book")
Stephen King says he received a drawer full of rejection letters before he was published. I don't handle rejection well. We'll see about that. Maybe I'll just have to learn. I do love to get ideas from others on how my writing can be improved though.
I'm feeling better today after the surgery. I want desperately to wash my hair and had to figure out how to go about it. It's a major process not to get water in my ear. But I'm going to tackle it tonight. I know that will make me feel much better, too. I had a slight dizzy spell this afternoon and had to go lie down. Now I wonder if the surgery worked, although the doctor did say the dizziness might not stop immediately.
My husband asked if I had known this would be this painful, would I have done it? On a good day, probably not. But on a bad day of vertigo and nausea, I'm sure I'd do it again. I just hope it does all I'm hoping it will. I really like the doctor, and I trust him, and also the ENT who referred me to him.
My daughter heard her dogs barking in the backyard today, and her husband found a copperhead snake coiled and ready to strike. He got the dogs in and killed the snake. I guess I won't be walking around in their back yard anytime soon. Their property backs up to a creek, so I guess that explains the slinky visitors.

No comments: