Thursday, June 23, 2005

GI Story as Promised

Ok, I promised I'd write this one next...I had this girl in one of my junior classes in high school, and she hadn't really talked much to me all year. All of a sudden she gets really nice, and I thought, wow. She really likes me. That weekend she asked if I could spend the night at her house. My mom said sure. So I pack and off I go. When I get there, she says she has this date with a GI from out on the base, and she's been sneaking to see him, but her mom said she could actually go out with him if she double-dated. So that's where I came in. He had this friend.....You know how that story goes.
So I figure what the heck. One night won't be so bad even if he's awful. I'll do her the favor, you know?
So we get all dolled up. And these two guys pick us up. I'm thinking mine is kinda sort maybe cute but I was having a hard time getting over the GI haircut (lack of hair). Anyway, we have a nice dinner, and then they decide they want to go to the lookout on the mountain. (yeah, it's a makeout spot but it's also one of the best views of the city you can get.) So we go.
Well we get there, and since I don't know this guy I'm with, we are talking, and he tells me about his family, his sisters, etc back home. And he pulls out this picture from his wallet. It's a family picture and it has this gorgeous guy in it. I said who's he? He said that's me! Ok, so I decided right then and there that if I could imagine him WITH hair he would be gorgeous.
Anyway, he's being really nice, talking to me, and meanwhile in the back seat, my friend and her date are evidently making-out and all of a sudden, she says, "Stop that! I said stop it!" and she opens the door and gets out. It's pitch black on the mountain (no streetlights) and off she goes walking down the road. He had gotten a little too carried away and made her mad so she decided to just get out of the car. Well that left me in the car with two GI's which I really didn't know on a dark mountain, and I decided that I wasn't in the safest situation either, so I got out too. Off she and I go, walking down the mountain, praying we're still on the road and not walking off some cliff, and praying really hard not to step on any wandering snakes. I'm SCARED TO DEATH, and figure she would be too except for being sooo mad. We walk for awhile and then the guy that I was with catches up with us and apologizes for his friend being such a jerk and begs us to get back in the car and he promises he'll take us straight home if that's what we want. So we got back in and went home.
The guy called me the next weekend and asked me for a date. I really wanted to go but my mom said I couldn't go out with a GI unless it was a DOUBLE DATE, so I said FORGET IT.
I don't even remember the guy's name.

No comments: