Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Continually Behind the Times

I have never been on the cutting edge of technology or anything else for that matter. My kids had IPODS for awhile and I still didn't even know exactly what they were. Then we went on a trip with my daughter and she had the transmitter so she could play it through our car radio and she let me play with it. I was hooked. I am now the proud owner of an IPOD and think this is the neatest thing. Everyone in the family had a digital camera alone or on their phone before I got the bug. I know don't know how I lived without a digital camera.
Unfortunately, I'm also the last to read the books everyone else knew about and read soooo long ago. For one thing, I am wary of Oprah books. Some I've liked, a few I've hated, so Oprah is not my authority on reading. However, I did decide to read GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING after I found it on a sale table at Books-a-Million. From the first page I couldn't put it down. Half way through I started feeling sad that it was going to end, and started trying to read it very slowlyyyyy. That only postponed my separation anxiety and it's my new favorite book ever. Then I decided to try one my daughter recommended, LOVELY BONES. I started it last night and now I'm totally immersed in this one and don't understand why I never read this before!
So, for my readers, tell me! What are some of your favorite books, and favorite gadgets? Help me before I get to be like my grandmother who would take the dishes out of the dishwasher and wash them, just so she didn't have to say she used a dishwasher!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Digital cameras ar by far the greatest invention of all time! I was perusing the world of blogging and found your blog its pretty good, I'm glad I found it.