Thursday, July 14, 2005

Thoughts and Deep Dark Confessions

Thoughts for the day....

If I was scheduled to go up on the Space shuttle and found out there was a problem with the windows falling out, I believe I'd stay home....

I was on a subway in London once...and I can tell you they are a scary place to be even without the latest bombings. It's sad no one is really safe anywhere anymore. When I was a kid we didn't even lock our front door. Now we have two locks and an alarm system and a dog and still worry.

I hate those stories in the newspaper that begin on the front page and then say continued on some other page. For one thing, I confess that most of the time I never finish them because I don't want to hunt for it. But the really embarrassing thing is sometimes I read what I think was the second half and find out it was to a totally different story, and I spend a while trying to figure out why the Environmental Protection Agency is going to be in the Best Brownie Cook-off.

Another confession--Sometimes I throw away the rubbermaid bowl with the leftovers in it so I don't have to wash it, especially when it's been in the fridge awhile and has a science experiment growing on it I always hide these deep in the garbage can so my husband won't know.

I have been known to put a frozen entree in my own casserole dish and then take credit for how good it tastes....

I've been divorced so many times that I get mail in so many different names my postman is confused. He thinks I have more split personalities than Sybil.

I have four different sized jeans in my closet which have all fit me in the last year at different times. I go up and down and up and down. I can't part with the small ones because I might fit into them soon (uh huh) and I can't get rid of the big ones because on my fat days when I feel like a beached whale they are all that will fit comfortably. Sometimes I secretly wish I could fake a pregnancy and go back to wearing maternity clothes, but without ever producing a baby.

I once wrote the word "orange" on my hand with a pen in second grade so I could remember how to spell it for the test.

I know venegence is suppose to be God's, but I'd love to have "Three Wishes for Revenge" and pick who gets clobbered.

You know those people who do you wrong and you let them get by with it without ever telling them off? Well I have daydreams sometimes where I cuss them so badly my Mama would die of embarrassment. It makes me feel sooo much better....Those are even more fun than my "what if" daydreams.

Sometimes I go take a nap and set the clock for fifteen minutes before my husband gets home and then jump up and comb out the bed head so he won't think I'm a lazy butt.

My last big confession....sometimes I fake being asleep so......never mind....

No comments: