Saturday, July 02, 2005

Movies Movies Movies

We've been on a movie kick lately. One reason is the mother-in-law is coming and she hates to go to movies. So we'll be going through movie withdrawal with her here. We saw Batman Begins and it was awesome. We saw War of the Worlds, and even though I don't like Tom Cruise after his attack of Brooke Shields, I have to admit the movie was really good. We saw Cinderella Man and it has to be the feel-good movie of the year, a huge improvement over Million Dollar Baby.
I guess so far this has been a good summer for movies. I'm sort of peeved over Willy Wonka being remade, but I may end up liking it. Just seems like remaking Willy Wonka is like remaking Wizard of Oz or Gone with the Wind. Shouldn't be tampered with.
Oh, if you're wondering why no mention of Star Wars, it's because I bowed out on seeing that one. I was able to send my hubby with my daughter and son-in-law. I know so many people really love Star Wars and Star Trek, but my husband TIVO's anything that has "star" in it and we end up watching Stargate SG1, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Stargate Atlantis, etc etc.
Ok, so I'll admit there aren't too many tv shows I like, but there are a few. Most of them, though, wouldn't be favorites of many other people. I love "Starting Over" and TIVO three a day of them (catching up on past seasons). I love Trading Spouses: Meet your New Mommie. I really loved the episode where the Vegan traded families with the woman from the Louisiana Bayou and had to walk around fried alligator, dried alligator heads, rattlesnake skins etc etc. And the woman from this big hoopty house who had to live with a family that lived out of a travel trailer. That was funny.
Other than that, I don't care too much for television. Give me a good book anyday. I'm a book slut. :-)

No comments: