Thursday, July 07, 2005

You Da Man Chris!


My daughter recently wrote this about my youngest son. We're all very proud of him, and her, and the other brother, too! I'm sure she wouldn't mind me sharing it here.

My youngest brother has always been outgoing, creative, and a risk taker (the exact opposite of me). When he was a kid and people asked what he was going to be when he grew up, he told them he was going to be "famous".When he was eight years old he built a "car" out of a toy wagon, a cardboard box, and saran wrap (for the windows). He used markers to draw headlights, door handles, and a license plate. He would sit inside it and roll down our driveway, using the wagon handle to steer.When he was older he became obsessed with doing magic tricks. He started getting gigs at birthday parties and community centers (he once asked me to help him spray-paint his hair orange for a show), and he eventually got a job as a magician at a restaurant on the weekends.To help finance his magic supplies, he started making wallets out of duct tape and selling them on the internet. He got so skilled with the duct tape that he made a tuxedo out of it and wore it to the prom for the "Stuck at Prom" contest.

He didn't win the contest, but got interviewed on the evening news.After high school he became an intern at the radio station in our hometown. He did so well that he was hired full-time and became the sidekick on their morning show. He is now a night jock on a station in Savannah, GA.His latest endeavor is feedlindsay.com, a website he created about Lindsay Lohan losing so much weight recently. Within a week after publishing it he got interviewed by "US Weekly", and this week he was interviewed by the "New York Post". If you do a Google search for "FeedLindsay" it is mentioned everywhere. He is also selling t-shirts -- our mom bought one of the eyechart ones.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hey, cool! I think my brother (who was the art teacher at Brewer HS) mentioned to me that a student made the tux out of duct tape and I always wanted to see a pic! Now I did.

Cool!