Sunday, July 10, 2005

This Year is Flying By

I remember when I was twelve and wanted so badly to be thirteen because then I'd be a teenager and, at twelve, that was the greatest thing I could imagine. It seemed like that year creeped by. Somewhere after thirty, God pushed fast forward on my life. Each year goes by more quickly than the last, and I feel such an urgency to do it ALL before time runs out. I tried to explain this to my children, the part about each year going by faster than the last, but I don't think they grasp it at this point. Just wait until they turn 35.
I set up an office in the corner of my bedroom with a desk, filing cabinet, and printer. I'm going to use the laptop for my writing. I also put up a bulletin board and set up my files, including one for contracts and one for ideas. Now it's my favorite place to be, because with the doggie wandering around from room to room getting into mischief, we've started keeping doors closed. When I come into my office, therefore, I am able to shut the door and pretty much remain undisturbed. This is especially valuable to me this week because my mother-in-law is visiting. I like her, as you know if you've read any of my previous posts, but I just feel so intruded upon when I have people around for very long. I don't feel that way mentally, but it seems to be a physical thing. I just want to be left alone, so I have to have some time to be off by myself.
I read an article once that said people fall into two categories, those who recharge themselves by being with others, and those who recharge themselves by being alone. No puzzle where I fall in that one.
We had lunch yesterday with the MIL and also MY mother. It was strange. My mother was nice to me, actually treated me like an adult, asked about me and things I'm doing. It was just so strange. I guess it may have been to impress the MIL but I don't care where it came from. I'm such an attention slut, I'll take it anyway it comes.
My middle son has a girlfriend, his first serious one. At least serious so far. They met online and haven't seen each other yet. They've exchanged pictures and caused me to have to recharge my cordless phone about a gazillion times. The end of this month, they are both going to the same event and will meet. I pray every night, Please God let it work out so he'll be happy. However it needs to be to make him happy. I just want all of them to be happy with their lives, and healthy.
I guess it's true...you never stop worrying about them no matter how old they get.

No comments: