Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Would this bother you?

Today I decided I had enough to say to do TWO blog entries. Been quite awhile since I've done that.
I have something happening at work that I wonder how others would respond to. My boss is a very religious man, evidently. Each week we have a weekly staff meeting, which he opens in prayer. Then there is a mandatory status meeting each morning in which he prays. Then we have a team meeting in which our company doctor attends, and even with him taking time from his patients to be there, my boss insists on a long drawn out prayer.
Now I don't really have anything against prayer. I think anyone can believe anything they want to. But all this prayer in meetings I have no choice but to attend, bugs me. It also bugs me that he prays soooo long while many of us sit there and just wish he'd hush already. I don't think the business office is the place to push religion. What do you think?

3 comments:

Freebird said...

He shouldn't be using his position to push his religion. Maybe you could speak to someone in H.R. He's got to know that not everyone is Christian. There are many agnostics, Muslims, etc. He should be respectful of religious differences.

Freebird said...

I LOVE Amy's suggestion! LOL!

Forest Lady said...

Yes it does seem like this guy's "heartfelt prayer" is all show. I don't get the feeling of sincerity at all.