Saturday, October 08, 2005

Odds and Ends

I made up my mind to not think about work at all this weekend. Today, my husband and I went to a beginner's dulcimer class. We're not actually beginners, but we like to play with people who don't think they have to do every song at a frantic pace. We started learning some Christmas carols, and I'm glad we did it early because it will take me until Christmas to really learn them.
We mailed my step son-in-law's birthday card in August. We got it back yesterday saying undeliverable. Does this mean they moved? This is the same address we used to send her birthday card in February. They are very secretive, not giving out their phone number or any information about themselves. We get very generic emails now and then so we know she's still alive. If my kids did me like that, I'd beat 'em. I know my husband is hurt.
I'm thinking of ordering a new dulcimer. Yes I know I got a new one not too long ago, but I found this builder that everyone raves about. The way it is with luthiers is if you find someone who really builds a quality instrument, you better get one, because the guy finally dies and can only make so many. So each is an original and a limited edition. :-)
He is also less than half the price of what I paid for the last one. And since every dulcimer sounds totally different, it's not unusual for people to have several. Am I convincing? I figure I work for a living and I should buy me something I really want at least now and then.
After this, I'll start buying my Christmas. My husband has already given me some ideas.
I don't know what I want for Christmas, because, like this dulcimer, if I really want something, I usually buy it. I told my daughter something I wanted, but I can't remember what that was now....
It's turning cold here. People had on sweaters and sweatshirts today. I'm so glad to be getting some cooler weather.

No comments: