Sunday, October 16, 2005

Top Ten Favorite Movie Quotes

Ok, everyone I know is doing this on their blogs (almost), so here are my favorite movie quotes...

1. From Shirley Valentine.....
Shirley: "Because we don't do what we want to do. We do what we have to do, and pretend it's what we want to do."

2. From Titanic......
Rose: "Well, I'm fine... I'll be fine... really."
Jack: "Really? I don't think so. They've got you trapped, Rose. And you're gonna die if you don't break free. Maybe not right away because you're strong but...Sooner or later that fire that I love about you, Rose... That fire's gonna burn out..."

3. From My Life Without Me.....

Ann writes in her journal:
THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE. :
1. Tell my daughters I love them several times.
2. Find Don a new wife who the girls like.
3. Record birthday messages for the girls for every year until they're 18.
4. Go to Whalebay Beach together and have a big picnic.
5. Smoke and drink as much as I want.
6. Say what I'm thinking.
7. Make love with other men to see what it's like.
8. Make someone fall in love with me.
9. Go and see Dad in Jail.
10. Get false nails. And do something with my hair.

4. From Pay It Forward......
Eugene: "OK. You know, I'm going to have to consult my spirit guides here, because you tell me that Trevor is withholding from you, but you won't tell me anything specific and you still want me to sit here and divine why. "
Arley: "Divine why? You always talk like that?"
Eugene: "Yes."
Arley: "You go to some big, fancy school?"
Eugene: " Yes. "
Arley: " Think you can stop rubbing my nose in it?"

5. From Bridges of Madison County....
Francesca: "And in that moment, everything I knew to be true about myself up until then was gone. I was acting like another woman, yet I was more myself than ever before."

6. From Steel Magnolias:
Truvy: I'm surprised at you Clairee, speaking about your kin that way.
Clairee: Well you know what they say, if you can't find something good to say about anyone, come and sit by me.

7. Jack in Titanic:
Well, yes, ma'am, I do... I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count.

8. From Peggy Sue Got Married...
Mother: Is Charlie pressuring you into doing things you don't think you should be doing?
Peggy Sue: What do you mean?
Mother: Peggy, you know what a penis is? Stay away from it!

9. From Beaches, when CC first sees the apartment decorated in pink:
CC Bloom: It looks like a flamingo threw up in here!

10. From "Shirley Valentine" when her Greek lover tells her how much he loves her stretch marks because they are "part of her and show life" .....
Shirley looks from him directly into camera and says, "Aren't men full of shit?"

No comments: