Friday, December 30, 2005

Book Club Anyone?

I remember Alaskan Amy's blog entry about not getting accepted by her local book club because she wasn't "invited". I know she loves to read. I know Cathy does. Freebird. Plumbtuckered. And me! So I thought why don't we start a reading group? Through a blog? Anyone else who wanted to participate can through comments. What do you think girls? If you all like the idea, then lets pick a book and start reading! Any suggestions?
Speaking of books, the link on the sidebar is for "Letters to My Teacher" the book my next story comes out in that will be available in March. (No I'm not suggesting it for a reading group. We need a great NOVEL. Just thought I'd give ya'll the link to it. )
But someone suggest a novel. Everyone suggest a few and we can vote on them. Or something!

5 comments:

Forest Lady said...

Amy, I have a variety of Oprah's on my shelves too not yet read. Pick one or two of them, and we'll check with the others.

Forest Lady said...

I've been wanting to read Tara Road! And if we use an Oprah one, we can probably get a lot of discussion questions. Lets see if the others agree.

Freebird said...

I'd love too, but not sure how much leisure reading I'll be able to get in when school starts back up. I may give it a whirl though. Count me it too, although I may end up a book club drop out.

The Tuckered One said...

Count me in also. The "Tara Road" book sounds good. I've also been meaning to read the "A Million Little Pieces" book you loaned me.

Forest Lady said...

Ok, girls, I'll make a decision based on your input. Our first official book club book will be TARA ROAD. So if you don't have it, get it from the library or whatever and start reading. Cathy, can you fix us up a separate website and figure out how we can each sign in to it? If any other of my blog readers would also like to participate, feel free to leave your comment here and I'll send you an invitation!