Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas in Dixie


My step-daughter and her husband came for Christmas. I saw the Christmas pictures my daughter took and emailed me. I look just like Porky Pig. I'm depressed.
My friends are all reporting crappy Christmas events from their homes, too. I say we stay home next year, boycott shopping, eat salad, and watch Judge Judy reruns. Whatdayasay?
I did get a very very nice surprise. The new dulcimer I ordered came EXPRESS mail the day before Christmas. It's beautiful, sounds great and I love it.
So I'll just hide my Porky self away, play my dulcimer, and wish we could all go to Cracker Barrel for Christmas next year.

2 comments:

The Tuckered One said...

You do not look like Porky Pig!

A Girl From Texas said...

Wow, that looks like a really cool instrument. What does it sound like?

Do you play with sheet music? And is it the same sheet music as say a guitar or violin? I've never seen one of these instruments....