Friday, December 30, 2005

Strange but True. I Swear!

I've heard it said that "Northern" fairy tales begin "Once upon a time..." while Southern ones begin "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit..."
Well.. Ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit. My cleaning lady had a heart attack while she was cleaning my house!!!! (I'm trying not to take it personally..)
I had commented to Cathy that it was strange that this woman had always done a good job but this week when I got home, it looked like she had done a half-assed job. I was planning to remind her next time of what I wanted done.
Well she called tonight and said while she was here, she started feeling sick, and she laid down on my couch. Finally she decided that she wasn't getting any better, and had just better quit and go home. When she got to her house (after driving there) she was too weak to get out of her car. She said she called 911 and ended up at the hospital where they discovered she'd had a HEART ATTACK. She's home now and slowly recovering.
I keep following my husband around saying, "Gosh, do you think our house was so bad that she had a heart attack over it?"

2 comments:

Freebird said...

OMG! I hate to say this, but aren't you glad you didn't come home and find her?

Forest Lady said...

Yes Cathy, I thought the worst too! Now I feel guilty for thinking that!