Friday, December 02, 2005

Kill the Kid and Pass the Popcorn

My son's girlfriend had an interesting experience. She's a working single mom with an eight year old, and has a hard time keeping housing in the area she has to stay in to be near the ex for their joint custody arrangement. Anytime she doesn't play by the ex's "rules" he threatens to sue her for sole custody on the basis that she doesn't provide a stable home environment because she moves so much. Well she had a good solid living arrangement with a lady who let her rent two bedrooms in her home. This worked a long time until the lady decided she was getting married, and her "boarder" had to go before the new husband moved in. So Son's girlfriend started looking. Evidently some past credit problems made it impossible for her to rent an apt. (Apts are at a premium there and they can be very picky), so my son started looking on some of the websites of people advertising for a roommate. He found a lady in her area, and she went to see her. She said the lady seemed a little quirky, (her dogs wear diapers) but otherwise nice and she was desperate to find someplace to stay. Well two weeks into it, the lady comes into her room at 2 in the morning and starts yelling at her for not being up to go to work, which made no sense to her because she doesn't work in the middle of the night. This continued several times, so Son's girlfriend decided to sit down and talk to the lady. She said I don't like to be awakened in the middle of the night, I can get myself up for work when it's time, etc. Lady said ok.
Then last night, the lady was waiting when she got home and said, I want you out in fifteen days. Can you imagine? It's Christmas! So now she's looking again for a place to live so she can keep her custody of her son. I feel for her.
Our Thanksgiving was nice. Turns out we're having our Christmas here instead of at a vacation home. So I'm thinking of taking the easy way out and doing something different for Christmas dinner, like spaghetti.
Pet Peeve...Get me interested in a tv show and then don't have any new episodes for weeks at a time. Grrrrr.
I'm so glad I quit my job. I can't imagine now why I hesitated. Being home is great. I'm reading, catching up on movies I wanted to see, making my jewelry, going to the library, browsing craft shops and writing. I even have time to journal now, and I'm so much happier than when I was working. I'm even managing to get some stuff done around the house, decluttering and such.
I read on a bulletin board the other day I subscribe to that some guy had major depression around this time of the year, and he said this year was the worst he'd had in a long time.
I'm been there, had problems with depression, but now I take my little pills and try to stay away from stress and assholes and my mood has improved dramatically. :-) Maybe I should share my advice with him. I know a lot of people suffer with it this time of year.
Ok, confession, I'm a wife swap/trading spouses junkie. Love those two tv shows. Liked the one the other night about the rock star wannabe mom and dad who bum around and let their kids support them while they chill....who traded with the drill instructor mom who kept a tight ship. It's continued so I can't spoil the ending for anyone, but hey, is this a good idea for a show or what. I also like to watch Nanny 911 occasionally, so my husband and I can discuss the ways we'd kill a kid who acted like those do. Makes for very good conversation. Pass the popcorn. I'd beat him to death. I'd leave him a a reststop on the highway. I'd leave him on my ex mother in laws doorstep. Yeah....

No comments: