Thursday, February 02, 2006

Winter Blues, Jerks, and Chicken


I feel terrible today. I'm so tired and achy, and think I must be coming down with something. Plus lately I just don't feel like leaving the house at all. A friend asked me today if I am depressed. I think I tend to get this way mostly in the winter. Getting out of my sweats, putting on makeup, everything is a huge effort. The good thing is I know that once we get to the spring, I usually begin feeling better.
I ordered a scrapbook kit from QVC. If a woman feels bad, shopping usually works. ha. At least I'll be happy with the package arrives. It's a good thing that my mother-in-law isn't here, after her comments at Christmas about my packages.
I spent most of this evening doing our income taxes. I dreaded it because we sold a house this year and also don't have any dependents to count anymore. But so far, we're coming out ok. I still am waiting for one interest statement to add to it, before I know the bottom line.
I'm excited for my daughter to get home Sunday so I can hear about her Jamaica trip. So my thoughts are with her. My thoughts are also with Cathy, who is down battling her ex at the mediator's office.
I'm thinking of cancelling any obligations for the next couple of weeks, and just hibernating here at home. Then I wonder if that is just giving into this funk and not trying to get out of it. I don't know. I do think this is the most boring post I've ever done on this blog. Bear with me. Maybe I'll be more entertaining the next time.
There was some idiot jerk on Dr. Phil today saying he wants to keep his wife and have his mistress, too, but he's not sure why he feels he deserves that. Dr. Phil said its simple--he's arrogant and selfish. The guy didn't really want to hear that. He also emphasized to the wife that she shouldn't be sitting around waiting on him to make up his mind what SHE is going to do with her life. That she should make her own decision. Dr. Phil is usually pretty much on the money, although I believe I could have thought of a few adjectives more descriptive of the guy than arrogant and selfish. Much more descriptive adjectives...
My sweet husband brought home KFC today. Hadn't had that in awhile, until my blog buddies got me thinking about KFC. Been wanting some ever since. ha. My Granny used to cook dinner for us when my children were young. Once she thawed out a fryer and asked my middle son how he liked his chicken. He said in his three year old voice, "CoNul Sandaas". She laughed so hard at that. And then proceeded to make chicken and dumplings. Yum.

No comments: