Saturday, July 22, 2006

Evil Grin -Take Two


Today we went to see Monster House and met my step-daughter and her husband for lunch.
I saw something on tv the other day that was eye-opening for me. I think it was on Oprah but I'm not sure. Anyway, what was said was "Just because someone is a high achiever doesn't mean they are not in pain." That made me think. I guess I've always judged whether or not someone was ok by how well they seemed to be moving through their life. But I realized that is not always a good indicator. I should have known this, because it's been true in my own life. For many years when I was young, I made perfect grades in school, but in my life I was a wreck. I also made good grades my first two years of college while going through a bad divorce. Sometimes we just need someone to remind us. It's not good to assume anyone is "fine" when they may just be going through the motions.

My mom called to tell me she liked the article I had in the Father's Day issue of that magazine. She said my sister requested that I "continue to write about dead people" and "please not write about her." Now I must be evil, because now all I can think about is writing something about her that she would absolutely hate. ha. I probably won't but I'm really enjoying the thought. I told my mom to tell her that I planned to write the next one about her, and about our relationship. Hee Hee.

No comments: