Friday, July 28, 2006

All Grannies Make Cookies, Right?















My psychic lady friend invited us to a paranormal meeting. She said it's a large group that meets near here twice a month. They have various speakers come to talk. It's held in the back room of a pizza place. They all meet to have pizza before it starts. Ok, so the combination of curiousity and pizza did us in. We've decided to go tonight and see what it's all about. She said after the regular meeting, around 9PM, they do "table-ing", which from her descriptions sounds like a combination of seance and ouija board. She said she doesn't stay for that anymore, because it's such a long drive for her to get home late at night, but said we were welcome to stay and watch. I'm hoping my husband won't konk out on me by then and be ready to come home, as I'd really like to see that. Yes, it may be hocus-pocus but it has to beat any summer reruns on tv right now. Anyway, I'll let you all know how it comes out.
I had the first eye lasered for the glaucoma last Monday. It was an easy procedure. Afterward my vision seemed very blurry for awhile, but it gradually got better. I did notice last night that it seems my peripheral vision in that eye is worse, but that's really hard to gauge. I see her again on Monday for the other eye. I guess they can check it then.
This summer seems to be flying by. I spend a lot of my time browsing for baby stuff on the internet and looking forward to the grandbaby my daughter is planning. She and I have a good time pointing out things we find online to each other. Yesterday I found a fisher price little people house like the one she had when she was a little girl. I know I'll have to get one of those when the time comes. My mom always kept toys at her house for when the grandkids came to visit. And I'm sure I will have to get Amy to send me some cookie recipes, cause all grandma's make cookies, right?
I'm also collecting the books that were my children's favorites when they were young.
Books like "Dirty Feet", "Henry's Awful Mistake", and "The Man Who Cooked for Himself". By the time the little one gets here, there will be a children's library waiting. Can you tell I'm excited?

3 comments:

Dana said...

Hi, just wanted to say I think you have a nice blog here. I love meeting bloggers from Alabama.

Gillian said...

It is so exciting and fun to have grandchildren. I wish I could see mine more often. And it's fun anticipating them :)

continuitygirl said...

I want to hear how the psychic (is that spelt right?) turns out.

Hope your eye is ok.