Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Happy Useless Waste of Space


I have decided lately that I'm getting totally useless. I am gaining weight, sitting way too much on my behind all day, and several days this week have called my husband at the last minute to bring home something for dinner instead of cooking. And you know what? I like being totally useless! I like curling up in my recliner and reading all day, and not getting out of my nightgown if I don't want to. I like playing with the doggies, and going through old photo albums and mindlessly wandering the internet for hours on end. Of course, I don't imagine the rest of my family is enjoying my uselessness as much as I am. Maybe I'll snap out of this soon. I did buy the ingredients to make for dinner tonight. That's a start.

Actually I do have an excuse. With the eye surgery coming up, I know I won't be able to read for awhile, so I'm trying to get some things done I know I can't do later.
I wish I had a better excuse but that's the only one I have right now. But maybe it's ok to be useless at times. I sure am enjoying it.

We came home the other night and there were several police cars in the big intersection by the highway near our house, and they all had lights flashing. We figured there had been a wreck. Then we heard on the news that it was a toddler that ran into the road and got hit by a car, and they were trying to find the parents to notify them. So immediately we wondered why a toddler was out alone after dark, out alone after dark near the highway, and why the parents hadn't missed him. Well, the news stories have been very sketchy. All we know is that the child is in the hospital, and is doing ok. So if you have toddlers playing outside near the highway, keep an eye on them, ok?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Normally I'm into the weird stuff. I have my own set of Tarot cards and love playing around with them. Love reading my horoscope and, in the past thought it would be cool to have my future told.

Lately though it all worries me. I'm afraid someone might see into my future and see more of the same. Lord help me, if that is the way it's going to be I would rather not know.

As for the toddler...it boggles my mind. Hopefully the parents will be held responsible for not properly parenting the child.