Monday, September 18, 2006

Another One of Those Weekends


Well, trying to change my eating habits has made me realize one thing. I do much better during the week than I do on the weekends. I didn't do terrible this weekend, but I did not do as well as I had been. I've also noticed on the weekends I feel very antsy.
My daughter came up Saturday and we went to a local town festival. They had booths set up and a guy was there playing a Native American flute. He was selling CD's of his music, and I got one. It's very relaxing. She and I had a nice day, and I got to do a lot of walking. We also went to Cato's and I treated myself to a new blouse and earrings because I've been doing so well with my eating. We also went to see Black Dahlia. Not a good movie. Save your money and buy a book about it.
Yesterday, my husband and son wanted to catch up on the movies we have from Netflix, so we watched a lot of television. I absolutely hate that. After awhile, all I wanted to do was turn it off and do something, anything else. But of course, I didn't say anything. I did, however, bow out on them at times.
It's nearing the end of the month, so all the secret shops are being posted at higher rates. I have four to do today, so plan to get going soon to do those.
The crochet class I'm taking is extremely frustrating to me. I do what the directions say (I think) and what I end up with looks like a big mess. I'm seriously considering not going back to the class this week. I am not sure I have the patience for it anymore.
I miss my friend, Cathy, and her blog. I hope she is feeling better soon.
A book I have a story published in came out this week on Amazon. It's called Classic Christmas: True Stories of Holiday Cheer and Goodwill, edited by Helen Szymanski. My story is about a Christmas my grandmother had during the depression, when they had a lot of goodwill but no money. I like the cover of the book, and I hope it does well.
Well, mostly boring things to report today, but like always, I feel better after writing. Thanks to all of you who have sent me good thoughts on my new "living plan." I've figured out I overeat if I watch cooking shows, or read cookbooks. I also overeat when I'm stuck watching tv all freaking day. ha.

2 comments:

Freebird said...

Ditto on the bad eating on the weekened. I tend to eat out more on weekends and almost always order a pizza.

I miss Cathy too.

Cathy said...

Hell, one day is just like the other around here. Can't tell the difference between Monday and Saturday. Guess right now that is a good thing cause I'm trying to change my eating patterns also and so far so good. Once I'm feeling better and giving myself weekends again I'll be in trouble.