Friday, November 17, 2006

Eyes, Navels, and Furry Dogs


My eye feels better. It still hurts, but it's not as bad as it was. I'm getting used to the hurting. That's scary.
My husband who always does dishes left the kitchen a mess after I cooked him a fabulous supper every night this whole week, and I'm on strike from cooking until he cleans up the mess. Of course, he doesn't know that, but you do.
I put Lavender Downy in my sheets when I did the laundry and now I don't want to get out of bed.
I bought my two dogs sweaters and they look so cute. They make me want to change their names to Biff and Buffy instead of Boo-Boo and Rags.
I felt a great need for comfort, so I made salisbury steak with gravy, mashed potatoes, and magic cookie bars yesterday. Today I ordered a new granny square afghan off ebay. I feel better already.
When I'm bored, I don't contemplate my navel. For one thing, it's a lot of effort to find it. So I just look at my hands. I like my hands, even after taking off the fake nails. They were good for a cruise, but lousy for housework.
I got tired of red hair. I went through a whole lot of boxes of "fix it" stuff before getting it close to my normal color. I feel normal, but boring. But I was beginning to feel like Gothic Grandma Gone Gooney, so natural is better.
I watched Gray's Anatomy. If Alex thinks he can come after DENNY (hot hot hot) and have a snowball chance in hell, he's nuts. Right Izzy? Right? Izzy?? Also, the bone doc and George....who cares??
In my next life, I want to be Joy on My Name is Earl. She does whatever she wants, says whatever she wants, has an ex husband who still wants her to be happy, a nice husband who loves her, and still has a killer body. And Roseanne is her neighbor, Brett Butler her mama. Can't beat that for a Southern nightmare that is fun.
I want to finish my book, but right now, it hurts to look at the computer screen for very long. So with that, I'll end this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to post a picture of the dogs in their sweaters :-)

So what color is your hair now? Brown or white or blonde?