Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Making Love to Food? Oh yeahhhhhhh!



Turkey Day is looming. I made one trip to the grocery store to stock up on needed items for my pie baking. This week I make the final list and go for broke. I usually break up the Thanksgiving meal over two weeks so that it doesn't break the bank in one fell swoop. My baby son is coming home, with his girlfriend (see picture).

I think we will have ten people in all. In a recent comment, Amy said she thought I cooked a lot. Well, we have ten people coming, maybe more. They all like to eat. And they usually eat lunch and then dinner on the leftovers. So we need a lot.
Every year I make cornbread dressing according to my Granny's recipe (onions, sage, etc.). This year, I'd like to shake it up a little and make cranberry apple stuffing. I'm afraid they won't like it because it won't be what they are used to. What do you think? Should I shake it up or go with what's worked in the past?
My middle son is graduating in a few weeks from college. He's got the "Senior panic" and what if I worked this hard and then flunk out mood. I keep assuring him he'll be fineeeeee. I don't say if you flunk out now I'll kill you. ha.
No, we won't be shopping the After Thanksgiving Day sale. I do have a suggestion for next year. We should push for a "After Thanksgiving Day" dollar sale on Amazon. All books a dollar, today only. Free shipping. Sounds good to me.
I've got three things I'm suppose to be writing and I'm getting none of them done. Maybe after the holidays. I kind of like the idea of not making myself any "should have's" or "need to's" until after the holidays.
I am craving chocolate so bad today. Must be a side effect of eye surgery, hormones, impending mother-in-law's annual visit, and cold weather. I could eat the side out of a chocolate cow. I saw on the tv the other day a lady that said Southerners make love to food. Perfect description. If you don't believe me, put a group of women in a kitchen cooking and tasting and listen to the sounds they make. Ohhhh Betty...That's gooooood....Oh Yummmmmm....Give me a little more of that....Oh Goddddd that's amaaaaaazzzzing....Give her some, too.....Ummm...... We know a good thing when we taste it.

2 comments:

Freebird said...

Yeah, he does. He's so handsome! Not that you're handsome, but you know what I mean.

Can you make two stuffings? THat way everyone can have the "old reliable" as well as the new one?

Forest Lady said...

Two stuffings? Oh my God. Swwoooon...Kerplunk. Someone call Paula Deene.