Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Calling All Decorators or WannaBees


This is my living room. It's long, it's narrow. It has a corner fireplace. On the north wall is a doorway to the kitchen. On the west wall is a doorway to the hall and an entertainment center with our TV, which can't be moved (cable hookups there). On the south wall is the front door and a picture window. We mostly use the room for TV or reading.

Is there any way to arrange furniture in this room?? I'd love your suggestions. I have a love seat, two recliners, two smaller chairs, a rectangular coffee table, two rectangular end tables and a bookcase that could be used as a sofa table. I could use some/all/none of that furniture in there. I also have large area rugs that could be used.

So do any of you have any ideas for me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky your husband will let you move furniture! Our living room is the living room/kitchen/dining room. The kitchen is well-defined, but our kitchen table is about a foot from the couch. I hate it. He won't let me move the furniture to make it roomier, although we do have the problem with the tv and the wires. Made worse by the fact that the wires are off center, and our tv is centered against the wall, so we have to look at the ugly wires. Home makeover shows would have a field day with us.

Anonymous said...

Why not make two sitting areas?

You could use the recliners on the side of the room with the television. Then create another area in front of the fireplace.

My sister did that. It keeps the television from being the main attraction in the room. People who want to watch television can, those who don't have a nice area to sit and talk.

My livingroom is small. I have no wall to put the television against. It is on a table shoved into a corner. The sofa and love seat are in an L shape in front of the fireplace.

You can either sit and watch television or sit and visit. No way can you do both and I would love to be able to do both in the same room.