Tuesday, March 13, 2007

And On it Goes.....


I have been wheezing all night and coughing my head off. They cut our grass today, and I thought that was what was messing me up but my husband reminded me that our step-daughter spent today with her cat and probably has cat dander on her. So it could be that. Whatever it is, I wish it would get better. Cough cough, wheeze wheeze! This is miserable.

I got the first copy of Letters to My Mother, where one of my story appears. I ordered a gift wrapped copy of it for my mom for Mother's Day, which is about when it is due to be released. I think authors just got some advanced copies or something because Amazon is still saying pre-orders only. I've got several of "my books" on my book shelf now, but I still get excited every time I open one and see my name on the contents page. It makes me sound like a real writer, which even now I don't see myself as being. I guess I think a real writer would be writing books, and since all I do is short stories right now, I don't qualify. I got the final editing for the book coming out by Chicken Soup in August. That one is about my granny telling me about the change of life, and that is really one of my very favorite ones I've ever written. Sometimes I am amazed as to what sells, because some I didn't really think were all that great.

We've become American Idol junkies. I like several of the girl singers and not any of the guys. The girls are WAY out-singing them this season. We are sort of late getting started as viewers, as our first season was the last one with Taylor Hicks. But we are usually late catching on to most things. For example, my daughter just explained to me today what the letter saying I needed to renew my domain meant. It was for a page my son made me for my writing stuff. I thought we paid for that every month, but that was hosting, not domain. That stuff is like Greek to me.

Yes, we still watch Lost, but only because Sawyer is hot. I remember my ex MIL saying one time she thought some guy was hot. I remember rolling my eyes. She said, "Hey, I may be old but I still know a good looking man when I see one." Amen.

My son is busy packing boxes to move to his new apartment. He went by there yesterday and got the keys. He came home telling me how his one bedroom apartment has a side by side refrig with water and ice on the door. No apartment I ever lived in had anything that nice. And he even has a built in microwave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That boy has been headed for jail for a long time. Too bad it is only for 12 days.

Too bad about your MIL. Maybe she is just needing some attention and the only way she knows to get it is to have a pity party.