Saturday, March 17, 2007

Moving Day


Today my middle son moves into his new apartment five minutes from his new job. He's been working all day and packing until late at night all week, and said he'll still have to come back and pack more boxes later, but at least we can get the big items moved today while he has a u-haul trailer rented. (Yes, I know he bought a new pickup but putting something in it could possibly scratch it, ya'll.....That's what he said.) A friend's son is going to help for some extra cash and my husband will pitch in, so hopefully the three men can handle getting a sofa sleeper couch down the stairs of our townhouse. Thankfully his new apt is on the bottom floor.
We have been busy planning the baby shower for the end of April. We, being my friend Dawn and I. We have family and friends who enjoy eating so we decided to have "real food" instead of the nuts, mints route. So it looks like so far....sweet and sour meatballs, pigs in a blanket, rolled sandwich wheels, cheese ball and crackers, fruit tray with dip, veggie tray with dip, boiled shrimp, petit fours, cookies, and punch. I'm not sure how well all that goes together but hopefully they will all like it. I know have thirty onesies and four large sets of fabric markers to have the guests decorate a onesie for the baby.
I have been taking some clothes by a consignment shop here as I've been cleaning out the closets. I usually use up my credit buying cute little dresses for my grandchild to wear when she arrives near July 1. I took a dress by there a month or so ago, a white silk dress that was VERY expensive (very very) because it's too small for me now, it's not something I have any place to wear anymore. So I thought I'd sell it. I went by there and they have it marked for like nine dollars. I almost died. So I came home and kept thinking about it. I mean rationally I know I'll probably never wear that dress again, but it was the most expensive dress I'd ever owned and would make a perfect mother-of-the bride dress with the sheer overlay over the silk (more flattering for fuller figures you know. ha). Well to make a long story short, I went back and got the dress yesterday and brought it home and hung it back in the closet. I decided my peace of mind was worth more than nine dollars and it would have driven me nuts to sell it for that.
I'd never be a good professional organizer...They'd say I really want to keep this, and I'd say ok, no problem!

No comments: