Saturday, March 17, 2007

Gonna Shop Till I Drop


My husband has a credit card he's had since before we married. He's paid it off a couple of times since, and then put a few more things on it, etc. I've never paid much attention to that account, but we knew we had it in case we got out somewhere and had car trouble or something. He pays the bills, so I rarely look at the statements.

Well I was cleaning off the table after helping my son move today, and came across the credit card statement. It said he had earned 38,903 premium points and had never redeemed any. I asked him about them and he said he'd always seen that on there, but really had no idea what you get for them, or how to redeem.

I went online and found the website where they could be redeemed and he said I could spend them any way I wanted...So get this...I bought a $300 Target Gift Card, $50 Red Lobster Gift Card, and a $30 Barnes and Noble Gift Card!!! He loves Red Lobster so he was happy with that. I love books! And there is a new Target opening in our town in October so I can go shopping!!!! I told him this can be my anniversary present and he said great, because he didn't know what to get me. I am so excited. One minute I had $4 in my purse and $9 in MY personal bank account, and the next minute I've got shopping money!

No comments: