Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Lost One 42 Lb Fish in Weight for my Birithday


As of today, on the low carb thing, I've lost 42 lbs, the very weight of this fish I found a picture of on the internet, Look at the blood all over the guy and the boat. Looks like forty-two pounds is not easy no matter how you go about it. My husband has lost 55 lbs. We're having no problem sticking with this. I'm very proud of myself and of him.
Yesterday was my birthday. Even though I'm home, (American Airlines sucks rocks. Three out of four of my flights were delayed AT LEAST 45 minutes, and the stewardesses were rude.)my body is still on Seattle time. My husband went to bed last night at 10. I'm still sitting here at 12 thinking, I should be getting sleepy soon....surely soon.... Then I woke up at 8, but only because my dog had to go out to pee and he kept jumping around on my head.
I enjoyed my trip. I'm glad to be home. My daughter and granddaughter are coming today. I have to clean the house because although my husband kept up some things, he doesn't seem to notice dust or rings around the toilet bowl.
I miss my son in Seattle. I'm still having a very hard time with the thought of him going that far away.
Yesterday was my 52nd birthday. I got calls from both boys. My daughter sent me an Amazon GC. She knows me so well. My husband gave me spending money, as did both my mom and MIL. My husband also brought me home roses, white roses and red, mixed with baby's breath. I had a friend at my former workplace who considered herself a flower expert, and who thought nothing looked cheaper than baby's breath in a bouquet. She felt it showed a complete lack of class in flower arranging. I think it's so delicate and lacy and I love it. So there ya go.
I came home to a pile of books that had arrived, books I ordered used on Amazon because they are not yet available for the Kindle. Almost twenty books. The only problem is, I seem to be getting forgetful and twice I ordered the same book two times. Hmmm... Anyway, nothing better to come home to than a stack of new books, a husband who was so glad to see me, a dog who missed me, and an Amazon gift card.
So am I happy? Yes, I'm happy. I'm really happy. 51 was a good year.
I'm going to post some of the Seattle pics this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!