Thursday, May 08, 2008

Sitting in Seattle


Well, I can't say my flights here were uneventful, but with both planes being delayed by more than an hour, a sudden gate change at Dallas/Ft Worth to the other side of the airport after I spent thirty minutes finding the first one, I made it here. I walked off the plane, and there stood my son waiting for me. His first comment was, "You've let your hair grow out." I said, "Yeah, and I've gotten new glasses." Then we had a big hug.
His condo is nice. I spent yesterday doing things he hadn't had time to do, like moving the boxes into the dining room and arranging his living room furniture, hanging the shower curtain in the guest bath, etc. In the middle of the day he called and said he was expecting a package. He said he knew if he didn't warn me, I probably would not answer the door. After awhile, someone knocked and I looked out to find a woman with a huge vase of mixed flowers. It was for ME, from my son. The card said, "To the Best Mom in the World. I Love You. Happy Mother's Day, Love David." I bawled my eyes out.
Then he got up for work this morning and started searching through boxes. I asked him twice if I could help him find something, and he said no. Then he finally found what he was looking for and said this is for you. It was a booklet he made in fourth grade about "Mothers" and it was so cute. He had found it when he was packing, he said.
He also won't let me cook anything, because he said I'm on vacation. He made Garlic/Lemon Chicken and Mixed Veggies last night. They were delicious. Tonight we're having salmon, and then going to a laser show.
I am toward the end of reading The River Wife. It's been very interesting in places and very weird at times. Right now, I'd say 3/5, but if they pull off some great ending, it could go up to 4/5. Next on my list is Barbara Walters Audition.
Saturday is brunch at the Space Needle. Except for the two hour difference in time, I've had a great time so far.
I have to say, having my Kindle on the plane and in the airports was GREAT. When it got noisy, I just plugged in my earplugs and listened to classical while I read.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

What a sweet boy you have. It sounds like you are having a great time and being treated like a Queen. Lucky you!!

Now when you come home you will be able to picture in your head where he is and how he is living. If Elliott and Taylor were so far away that would be a comfort to me.

Get lots more love while you are there, see all the sights and have a safe trip home.