Thursday, July 24, 2008

Light Through the Trees

Well, Sunday night my husband took me back to the ER and they put me back in the hospital. I've been inpatient until tonight, and I start the outpatient program tomorrow, will go all next week, and probably the next. I'm on all new medicine, one of which my insurance needs a doctor's override to pay for. We though we might get it anyway, but it cost $529 for a month! No, that's not a typo.
I am feeling better. The depression is lifting.
I also called my mom from there and told her how I felt about her letting my sister quit having anything to do with me, and I felt like I'd been cut out of the family for the last twelve years. She denied it until I reminded her I only see her once a year, and I've never seen any of my sister's seven grandchildren. She said she was going to "fix that." I also asked her if she loved me. She said you know I love you. I said no you never say it. Not my whole life. So she told me she loved me about three times.
Then last night, she and my sister came to visit at the hospital. My sister and I talked and I told her I wanted us to be sister's again. She agreed, and seemed really genuine. Both of them hugged me and told me they loved me.
Well, I have a lot to do tonight before I have to go back to the outpatient program tomorrow, so I'll try to write more over the weekend. Thanks for all the kind comments.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better and that you finally talked to your mom and sister. I love you!

Anonymous said...

It is a relief to hear something from you. I'm sorry you had to make another trip to the hospital but I'm really glad to hear you are feeling better.

I hope things continue to go well with your mother and sister. I hope the light through the trees continues to get brighter.

The medication may be expensive but if it is helping you feel better it is worth every penny.

Anonymous said...

Hope things are going ok with you and that you are doing better every day--Bev