Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Still in Outpatient Forest

I'm still in the outpatient program for the depression. I went every day last week but Friday (saw Dr about my glaucoma good report) and this week I go M-W-F.
They finally have me on Wellbutrin SR, Effexor, and Provigil, and I'm feeling better. The clouds are lifting, finally. I'm getting better at going to groups. I actually talk now, some at least. It's hard to believe I've spent most of the last five weeks in the hospital. I no longer feel ashamed of it though. I don't care what people think anymore. I did what I had to in order to survive, and I'm surviving.
I've been meaning to update my blog but everytime I started, I just felt frozen and couldn't think of what to write. So now, I have proof that I'm improving, because at least I'm writing something.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are doing so much better. You do not have to be embarrassed, you should be proud that you are taking the steps necessary to get better. I love the video of your granddaughter dancing. I have been following your daughter's blogs on her since she first set up the site when they found out about the CDH.
Thanks for keeping us updated! Bev

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it. I came to check on you and found two blog posts. WOOT!!

I'm glad the fog is lifting and you are feeling better. Continue to take care of yourself. I'm thinking of you often.

Anonymous said...

there's nothing to be ashamed of... there's actually something to be proud of.
You should be proud for taking the steps to get better. Its not an easy thing.

I hope you keep getting better.

Anonymous said...

My name is Dennis Norman and i would like to show you my personal experience with Effexor.

I am 42 years old. Have been on Effexor for at least 4 years now. Many medline sources, (NE J Med, etc.), cite doses of at least 225mg or over are required In summary, the citations clearly indicate that at 225mg, the medication finally BEGINS to elevate dopamine levels (as well as elevations in SE and NE). However, it is only when dopamine if finally stimulated that the ultimate therapeutic effect begins Thus, patients require dosing of 225mg or above for ultimate therapeutic effect. At 450mg, I have no side effects; nor do I experience side effects if I miss a couple days; no side effects if I only take only 1 or 2 pills a day rather than 3 for a period of a week or so..

I have experienced some of these side effects-
sweating, gained weight, headache

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Dennis Norman