Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting, Gossip, and Doggies




My son in Seattle wanted some updating pics of my pooches. I thought they turned out so cute, I'd put them on here. Peanut, the fuzzy Pom/Chihuahua mix is just now getting his hair back. When we adopted him, he had a thyroid condition that had made his hair fall out. He's all better now on his medicine. BooBoo, our Malti-poo, has adjusted to having him around. I kept trying to get them in a pic. BooBoo posed and stayed put, and by the time I'd get my camera on them, Peanut would walk away. AWWWWGGGG! I finally got a couple with them in the same frame.

I went to vote this morning. It's always a traumatic time as I have busy-body neighbor women who run the polling place. I had no lines, thank goodness, but got right in and out easily (about 930 AM). When I got there, the first thing one of the ladies said was "We were just talking about you." Hmmm...

I changed my mind about my vote several times on the way there, but made up my mind for sure when I got there. Cathy will be happy...and my husband won't..... :-) My sister left me a message by my mom that I better not vote for that (N word). So I did. (Not just because of that.) And I again am reminded why she and I are not close.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean your sister said you shouldn't vote for that no good McCain and his dippy assistant Palin?

Forest Lady said...

She loves McCain. He's a good ol' white guy.

Anonymous said...

I hope they catch her on an exit poll and she says "I didn't vote for Obama because he's an N."

Cathy said...

I'm just glad you voted, no matter who you voted for. Well, nearly no matter.

Amy has me wondering how many people did respond "because he's a N" on an exit poll. I'm betting there were plenty. Especially down here in the deep south.

Now I have to go rest my eyes. That light green font is a killer. Woman, don't you know there are blind, old people reading this blog?

Forest Lady said...

If you didn't see polka dots, then my new blog background didn't load. Maybe that's why Cathy had a hard time reading it? Try refreshing. It's really cute when it works! I promise!