Monday, February 09, 2009

Grouchy as Hell


I should have married a Democrat. If I have to watch another Presidential address with my husband's commentary yelled in the background, I'm going to kill him. I told him tonight he sounds like he's been listening to way too much Limbaugh.

My son in Seattle has not found a job and his funds are running low. He is coming home, and has to drive across the country pulling a U-Haul trailer. So he offered to fly me out if I would ride back with him. I'm going March 24, and we are leaving the 26th coming back. Driving down to San Francisco and then across, due to snow and road closings.

Kindle came out with a second version, announced today. I want one, but I won't get one. I LOVE my Kindle, and at what I paid for the first one, it will have to last awhile. I carry it in my purse all the time, and never get stuck in a waiting room without something to read. If I finish a book, no problem...just start another.
I feel terrible. I have been on the antibiotic for a week now, and although my headaches are gone, I feel like someone ran over me with a truck. My step-mother said antibiotics do her the same way. How can the cure make you feel as bad as the illness? Add to that, I have been having major hot flashes this week, and I've been pretty miserable.

We went to play cards tonight, and some of the ladies wanted the heat turned up. I was about ready to take off my clothes, but decided it would scare too many people.
So yes, I'm burning up, grouchy as hell, and feel like crap. Menopause sucks.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm so sorry he wasn't able to find another job. I know he has to be very disappointed.

I think your trip will be a blast though. Will you be able to blog any from the road?

Forest Lady said...

I'm taking my laptop and hope the motels we stay in will have wifi.
Yes, he's very down about not finding a job. But every day I hear of more people in this area losing jobs, suffering from being in their senior years and living off half the retirement income they did have, not being able to even get a job at Walmart. It is bad all over.