Thursday, May 28, 2009

Moral Inventories

I'm still going to OA, and I have fifteen days of not overeating. It's a good thing, because I got the results of my physical and I'm pre-diabetic. The doctor has given me three months to lose twelve pounds. So far, so good.
I'm working through the twelve steps. I did my fourth step inventory and finished it last night. "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves...." Mine took seventeen pages. I thought I knew everything I had ever done wrong until I started answering the questions and writing and boy...more stuff came to my mind. Well I held nothing back. Just wrote and wrote and wrote. Got it all out.
And I feel much better. I emailed it to the lady I asked to sponsor me.
There are OA meetings online now, but I also go to some about thirty miles away. My husband has gone with me a couple of times and is going with me tonight.
I got my hair cut, and I mean CUT. It's very short. My husband almost had a heart attack, but it took me like zero time to wash and dry it this morning. I'm not sure I love it, but I like it. And it will grow.

Well, that's all that's new around here. Same old, same old stuff.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Did you get your hair cut again since I came down to visit you? When I saw you last it wasn't that short.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I'm not sure about the SSN! Especially not if you have to mail it back to him. Maybe call the prison and ask if it is mandatory.