Monday, May 18, 2009

What God Looks Like


Quick update: Have to make this quick because we have cards tonight.
So...the OA group is a 12 step group which means you come up with a version of a Higher Power you can live with. Well, I realized that when I say God in my head I get this picture of a stern taskmaster of judgement. A man, of course (Baptist, of course.)
So I thought, I've got to have a new image of God. And I didn't figure God would mind, since God is not really male or female. That's my belief, anyway. So I thought about it.
You'll like this. Now when I say "God" I think of Jessica Tandy in Fried Green Tomatoes. And I talk to her. I think God would be pleased. She's a nice lady to talk to.
As for me being a binge eater, I've been eating compulsively since I was eight. (Just ask my daughter.) I've been on EVERY diet imaginable. I even lost on some of them. But sooner or later, my food addiction (and it is) would rear it's ugly head and I'd gain it back and more besides.
I'm old. I don't care about losing weight and looking like a fashion model. I just want to be able to eat without it consuming my thoughts every minute of every day, and feeling so freaking guilty about what I'm eating. I want to get rid of baggage as much as pounds. Both would be nicer.

No comments: