Sunday, May 21, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm 61 today. B got up early and made a can of biscuits for breakfast. He and his mom had biscuits and jam, but I made a pan of white gravy for mine. Then we watched the Sunday morning news shows, with B's running commentary, of course. He's still on the Trump train, even though he now says he never really "liked him." He's still quick to come to the idiot's defense.

Anyway, I heard from all three kids today. C and his wife H and baby G are moving to Tx in the next two weeks. They are going to stay in an AirBnB until they decide whether to buy a house. Ci and J and the grandkids opened their above ground pool and enjoyed it all day yesterday. D is doing fine.

For lunch, B asked me to pick, since it's my birthday. I had offered to cook, but he said no. He went to get us Cracker Barrel take-out plates. I had meat loaf, fried okra, turnip greens, cabbage, and cornmeal muffins.
Then, as is my usual pattern on Sunday, I took a nap, while B and his mom snoozed in their recliners.

Dinner was hot dogs. So I have recounted my 61st birthday based on food. Ha!

I bought an 8 qt. Instant Pot while I was visiting D in Seattle. It was here when I got home. I've been using it often. I joined some FB groups and have gotten some good recipes. Then, because I am a reviewer for Amz Vine, I got another 8 qt digital pressure cooker, not an InstantPot brand but a Maxi-Matic. I am not sure yet if I am going to keep them both. Then this week, I also got an air fryer to review. I like it, but only for sides. It's not big enough for much else.

Now we are about to watch Flea Market Flip. I love that show.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember my husband celebrates a birthday with you? The exact day and year. We babysat our 8 month old grandson over night for my husband's birthday--hehe mostly me.

It's cool you get to review items. I had forgotten you do that.

I'm glad you keep posting! Good Night!

Bev