Thursday, May 11, 2017

Washer konked out

My mother-in-law is an expert at finding things that need fixing in the house. She was doing laundry and lost a sock. When checking around the washer she found water. The water pump on our old washer had "bit the dust."

We went to Lowes. It was that or Home Depot and I think I remember HD being one of those pro-Donny businesses?? Anyway, Lowes it was. I got a top-loader because I don't want a washer that takes extra steps not to stink. I got a Maytag and hope that old Maytag repairman gets really bored like he does in the commercials.
Should be here tomorrow.

I'm watching The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu. If you haven't been watching it, I recommend it. It's much better than the book. It's hard to wait from Wednesday to Wednesday for the new episode.

My mother-in-law never did find her sock.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kathy.

I had to replace my washer last year and went with a top loader also. I've heard a lot of complaints about the front loaders, including that they don't get clothes really clean. My old one was a Maytag that I had for at least 20 years that likely I bought new. I had to replace my Dryer so I got a Speed Queen commercial heavy duty set because it was highly rated, but also small enough to fit the space where ours sit in this old house.

My dad was a Maytag Repairman, by the way. That was one of the many things he repaired in the family appliance business.

Keep blogging!

Bev