Monday, December 13, 2004

Scrooge in Pantyhose

How can anyone say they love Christmas? One trip to WalMart this time of year has got to cure that. Who cares about choosing the ideal gift. The people I know have everything they need and what they really want is someone to come into their house and get rid of half of it for them, so they can find a place to sit down. It's the same at our house. Sometimes I just want to hire a dump truck and have him park in the front yard, open the front door and just toss everything and start over. (But that would mean I'd have to go back to WalMart again, right? No thanks.) I think the ideal Christmas would be to get away from all this craziness and escape to a mountain cabin with a fire roaring in the fireplace, a warm blanket, and couple of good books, some chocolate and Diet Coke (yeah I know it doesn't make sense, but I like them) and wait until it all blows over to come back. Or better yet, don't come back. Life's always better in your dreams anyway.

No comments: