Sunday, January 08, 2006

Musings.....

The painters will be here tomorrow to paint our ceilings from where the roof leaked. They said they wanted to come at a time when I had things planned outside the home so they wouldn't get in our way. I have nothing planned, and after running through a laundry list in my head of places to go around here (that was a joke, there's not enough to make a list), I decided to just take some dvd's into the guest room, and sit in there while they paint the living room and the master bedroom. So I guess tomorrow will probably be a Bridges of Madison County day, since I like that movie and my husband doesn't have any interest in watching it with me. It's in my top five movies. I like Titanic, Bridges of Madison Cty, My Life Without Me, Falling in Love, and Stanley and Iris. I also really like Sleeping with the Enemy and A Home of Our Own.
Now that I have mentioned all those, I may change my mind and watch something else.
I found out there is a dulcimer club that meets in the daytime weekly, so I'm going to try to go to that Tuesday. I'm making an effort to be less of a hermit.
In our book club, I finished Chapter One, and am clamping at the bit to read Chapter Two. We're reading Tara Road, and so far it's a really good book. Since we're not suppose to start on Chapter Two until Jan 15th, I'm trying not to get ahead of anyone else.
I got an email from the Chicken Soup Magazine about my prize money check being on its way. I am really looking foward to some extra money to do some shopping with. I need some clothes for our trip in April. I have a closet stuffed, and I mean STUFFED with clothes, and I hate them all, and I only wear maybe ten things from my whole closet I think it's time to toss and restock.
Rags, our Maltepoo doggie, has a new bed, and he loves it and sleeps in it beside my chair. He will be two years old in April. We got him from a lady who had a new baby and couldn't keep him. He's a fur ball and cute as a button. Maltepoo are a mix of Maltese and Poodle. Our dog was the runt of the litter, a tiny little fella. He's only 4 1/2 lbs now.
Well a rerun of Sex and the City is on, and it sounds like a good one.....

6 comments:

emily said...

That picture is so funny! What a cute dog.

My top favorite movies are (in no particular order): Groundhog Day, Grease, When Harry Met Sally, The Story of Us, Back to the Future. I could go on forever...but I must add The Sound of Music, Cinderella, & Romeo and Juliet.

Freebird said...

Bridges of Madison County is a great movie.

Forest Lady said...

Yes, that's him in the photo. I fell for one of those "come to petco and get a free 8x10 of your pet" deals. I ended up buying too many pictures, but they are all so cute! But I always had the same problem with my babies.

Nan said...

Try "Friendly Persuasion" sometime. It's a Gary Cooper, Grace Kelly movie that few people know about, but it's great!

Coco said...

I just found your blog and saw this post on your Maltepoo baby! He is precious. I have a Maltepoo- Coco. He is a sweetie. Here's my blog about him. Wanna be blogger buds? :)
http://cocothemaltepoo.blogspot.com/

It said his bday is in April, so happy bday Reggie!!! 2 yrs old! My Coco is was 1 this year.

Coco said...

I just called Rags "Reggie"
What was I thinking?? Sorry! happy bday RAGS!!!