Saturday, February 04, 2006

Don't Wake Me When It's Over


I could write about my day yesterday, but I decided instead to write about my day as I wished it had been. Much more interesting.
I woke up to find my husband had let me sleep late, and it worked. I woke up at 9:30 instead of my usual time. He had gone to work, but before he left, he had a cleaning crew and a professional organizer come in. My house is organized and spotless, and now everything is so easy to find.
As I walked by the mirror to go get dressed, I notice I have lost weight overnight, and now have a perfect size eight figure. I also don't look a day over twenty-five. I realize I can skip makeup because I look fabulous already. Going into the closet, I see I have a whole new wardrobe of cute clothes to match my new figure, so it is easy to choose something that looks great to wear.
I go to check my email and have an email from my bank. It says I am their millionth customer, and they have awarded me ten million dollars, tax free.
I call my husband and he quits his job and comes home in a limo. I'm surprised to find that he looks different too, and could pass for Mel Gibson. He picks me up and we go to the airport and get on our private jet. We fly to North Carolina where we find the real estate agent we called has found us a beautiful log cabin vacation home in the mountains, with the most breathtaking view I've ever seen. The agent has also hired us a full time maid/cook, stocked the house with everything we could possibly need, had it professionally decorated (and the decorator knew just my style I realize as I look at all the antiques). I see there is also a masseuse coming in every day.
The maid has our lunch prepared and it is all my favorite foods. I am surprised to realize that I can eat all I want, and will not gain weight. After lunch, my favorite dulcimer player drops by, and I realize I can play as well as he can. We have a wonderful afternoon sitting on the screenporch overlooking the valley playing all the old songs. After he leaves, my husband and I explore the house, and find a library just like I've always wanted, filled with all the leather bound books I've always wanted. The library has a comfortable leather chair with ottoman and a big picture window with the same breathtaking view.
The masseuse comes by and gives us each a massage. We make love, then settle down in front of the fireplace, cuddled in a blanket, with a bottle of wine, and a picnic basket dinner.. He talks to me heart to heart way into the wee hours of the night, telling me all the sweet things I've always wanted to hear. We fall asleep in our king sized four poster bed, and it is the best night's sleep I've ever had....

2 comments:

Forest Lady said...

My ex and I went out to eat with this older Mormon couple once. At dinner, the husband said that during his church visitation,he had met a young couple who had never consumated their relationship after two years of marriage. To which this quiet Mormon matronly woman answered, "If I was her, I'd be humping doorknobs!" Needless to say, I choked on my food. When Cathy said that about the tree, that's the first thing I thought of.

Freebird said...

Kind of like a camel -- gotta store it up for the dry period. Not that you're a camel Cathy, but you now what I mean. :-)

John used to say sex is like air. You don't miss it until you go without for a while. True, very true.