Wednesday, May 03, 2006

God, Summer, and Bras


It's been a good week. I opened my eyes this morning and they were on the gold crown on the crucifix hanging in the bedroom (my husband is Catholic), and I thought hm...maybe it's a sign ....good time to count my blessings. So that started my day out feeling much better when I realized how good I've got it.
Then I got up to a clean house because the cleaning lady came yesterday. Not the one that had a heart attack here in the house, but the new one I used to work with. She is fantastic and it's my biggest splurge for myself. There's something about having the whole house clean at the same time that makes the whole world brighter, instead of doing a couple of rooms a day which is how I usually do it. That may not make sense to some of you younger girls, but in the South, if someone comes to your house and it's a wreck, they don't look at your husband. The accusing eyes fall immediately on the wife. It doesn't matter if she's CEO of IBM and has 40 kids and he works part time and sits on his butt drinking beer. In the South, the house is her job. I grew up with that mentality, and knowing my house is clean is like a big deal with me. When it's not, I'm very depressed.
Then I went online and found the 40 buck champion sports bras I love on sale for 19.99. I never find a sale, unless it's after I've already paid full price somewhere else. So I was thrilled. And I found a promotional code that if you enter SHIPFREE at checkout, you get free shipping. So I'm really happy by then. ha. If you're interested it's at www.championcatalog.com . Since I've taken up bike riding (yes I'm still doing it every day! It's getting easier. Not easy. But easier.) I'm paying more attention to my sports clothes. Did you know they make bike shorts with chamois pads to keep your legs from chafing? What will they think of next. Of course with the price tag on them, my legs will just have to make do! And they make them in baggy shorts so you don't have to show all the fat with those skin tight ones.
I went out yesterday and walked through RV's. I want one. Bad. My husband is considering it. I told him we shouldn't wait until we retire because we'll be too old then to enjoy it. I want one of those small ones in the back of an extended van, so we can toolie around and not have to worry about parking some big lug. Plus with gas prices the way they are....So anyway, I go out to look at some. I figured out sales men don't pay a lot of attention to a woman walking around on the lot. But he did offer me a couple of brochures and his business card to "take home to my husband." So when we buy, we won't buy there, but I like the brochures. ha. The one I want is called aRoadTrek. Expensive new but not too bad used.
Other than that, not much going on here. I swear getting out in the sun riding my bike has made me feel better, have more energy and just generally be happier. Maybe my daughter had something there when she sent me the article about SAD.
I'm just glad summer's coming, and I'm looking forward to that big 5-0 birthday now, instead of dreading it.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Glad you are feeling good. I can see it in your writing. Getting the heart rate up and taking in some sun really does help the spirits.

I shopped on ebay most of the day Sunday. Spent way too much money to be buying new bras. Too bad to cause I could use a few.

You have a fun day!