Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Get Down, Granny!


In case you haven't read my daughter's blog, I found out yesterday that I'm going to be a GRANNY next July. We don't know what the little one will be yet, but loved is on the list! Of course, we know the baby's favorite colors will be orange and blue and the baby's first words will be War Eagle, that is if Daddy's influence works. But among the baby's first sentences will be, "I want to go to Granny's!" "Granny, you make good cookies!" and "Granny loves me."
I am so excited. That means we will have a baby for 2007 Christmas! Christmases are always a lot more fun with babies.
So there are different kinds of Grannys. There are cool Grannies, old fogey Grannies, embarrassing Grannies, and soft, squishy, hugging Grannies. Which one will I be? I'll be a cool old fogey, sometimes embarrassing, but always soft, squishy and hugging Granny.
Geez, eight months is a long time to wait.

4 comments:

Freebird said...

That's great news! CONGRATS! Now off to congratulate the new mommy.

Cathy said...

I'm glad I read it hear first. I'm so excited for all of you. Don't you know it will be a beautiful baby, even if it's favorite colors are blue and orange.

You are going to be a wonderful grandmother!

A Girl From Texas said...

I love the dancing granny thing you have going on here. I take it this is your first? Congratulations.

emily said...

congratulations!