Thursday, January 04, 2007

Poor Puppy

My best friend is still going through a terrible divorce, and her ex is about to receive the biggest jerk ever award. She's got EIGHT kids still at home. Yes, I said EIGHT. Ages 15 to 4. And he is arguing about paying child support. I think he should have thought of that about uh...EIGHT kids ago? If a man thought I was going to have eight of his babies, he'd quickly find himself without the equipment to make them. geezzz! He actually threatened to ask for physical custody if she made him pay child support. I can't believe the man seriously thinks he could pay child care for all those kids, feed them, cloth them, and school them for less than paying his stupid child support!
My newest adopted dog had a grand mal seizure last night. Scared the bejeezus out of us. He was on the couch, and was awakened by the other dog barking at some noise outside. When he jumped up to get off the couch, he went into the seizure. Poor thing wet himself. I felt so bad for him. We took him to the vet and they ran a lot of tests but concluded he has epilepsy. He's now on phenobarb to control it. I hope he evens out before we go on the cruise on the 13th, or I'll feel really lousy about boarding them. A lady at the vet said her dog has seizures too, and he's also a Maltipoo, so now I wonder if it's a thing with that breed. I know, he's a dog, but he's like my baby.

5 comments:

Freebird said...

YAY on the MIL being gone! Sounds like you shouldn't take it personally, she's just a meanie to anyone married to her son.

Eight kids?! Whoaa! I'm not even gonna go there, but I'm with you.

Hope your doggie's doing much better. That must have been really scary. My dog sometimes has wheezing fits. When it first happended I didn't know what to do. If he would've passed out I swear I would've given him mouth to mouth.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud for you! And, don't you dare feel bad about complaining to your husband.

Men always threaten to try and get custody. It's probably not the child support he doesn't want to pay. It's paying it to her that bothers him. When it comes to most men and divorce it's about the evil ex wife and to hell with the children.

You can bring the pups up here. They can stay with Taylor, the girls and I. We will give them the royal treatment. Heck, they won't even want to go home when you come to collect them.

I hate he is sick but glad they can regulate it with drugs. Seems to be a lot of sick dogs amongst us bloggers lately.

Forest Lady said...

Yes, I'm the second, but his first died of breast cancer at 37. He told me his mom actually tried to bribe her with money to "leave him alone" when they were dating. So she definitely has an evil bone in her body there somewhere.

Michelle said...

Glad things are getting back to normal for you!

I'm so sorry to hear about your pooch. Maybe his seizures are a passing thing? I don't know anything about dogs and seizures, but one can always hope.

I can barely wrap my brain around trying to raise eight children. Wow.

Gillian said...

I'm glad your are free of your MIL. That is a LONG time. Now you can start being nicer to people :)
I don't seem to have done well with that one either, but it's try, try, and try again.
Hope your doggy is ok and that you don't have the problem again. They can so easily turn into your "children".

I'm glad your friend has you as a friend to support her through her divorce. Guys like that make me so ill--I agree he should have considered the cost of 8 kids before he got that far.
Take care. Enjoy your freedom!

Take care.