Sunday, February 25, 2007

Tossing This and This and This and That



It's been a lazy weekend. We only left the house to buy groceries and go to a movie. We saw The Abandoned, and it was really scary/freaky. We wanted to see Astronaut Farmer but there was not a matinee of it, and my son said he read that it sucked. ha.

We were suppose to have some bad storms through here last night, but other than part of the subdivision fence blowing down, I didn't see any damage. My son backed my husband's car out of the garage and put that new truck in there, just in case of hail, and also so it wouldn't get wet after he had just washed it. :-)

I'm into this simplifying my life kick right now. Well, I have been for awhile. My mom and grandmother never had comforters, dust ruffles and pillow shams. They always bought bedspreads that hung to the floor. I was thinking about it the other day, and after taking time every night to take all the pillows off and put them somewhere the dogs won't get on them, and putting all the pillows back on the next morning, and changing sheets without the dust ruffles getting tucked in, too....I decided my mom may have been on to something. I ordered me two bedspreads from Amazon, and I'm going to donate my comforters and shams to my friend, Dawn.

I also took the "commode cover" and rug around it off, washed them, and put them in her pile too, since I saw on a tv decorating show how outdated that was.....Showing my age here.
I've also been clearing my trinkets, figurines, etc, off the tables. My daughter's friend, Melissa has a very nice non-cluttered home, and my daughter took pictures of her entertainment center the other day when she was visiting. Melissa has like one large thing on each shelf, not all the little junk like mine. Her's looked a lot easier to clean, too. So I'm tossing some of that stuff.
Sooner or later I figure I'll get this place down to being able to clean it a lot easier. At least that's what I'm working on. Yes, I realize that thinking about my housework so much means I probably need a get a life, but right now this is it. :-)

My daughter is suppose to call about the amnio tomorrow. I'll let you all know what we find out, although I just feel like if there was something else wrong, they would have noticed it on the ultrasound. Other people who have babies with this say they saw heart defects or brain defects and then found it on the amnio to be a chromosome problem. Our baby had nothing else that they saw but the hernia.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been boxing things up and moving them to the garage. In my old age, when it comes to knick knacks and clutter in the house I'm beginning to think that less is more.

I once had a friend who was a "minimalist." She had no pictures on the walls and very few knick knacks. I thought her house lacked warmth.

Now all I think is to hell with warmth. Give me less to dust!

Forest Lady said...

Yeah, every time I toss something I feel like I'm lighter. At this rate, I'll never have to diet again. ha ha

Anonymous said...

I told David last night that I think the people who should clean out your house are the people who will get your stuff when you die. You sit around keeping stuff "that so-and-so will get when I'm dead," and so-and-so doesn't even want it, and the stuff they do you've already tossed. My grandmother collected hummels, and my mom has some from when she died, and I am running out of excuses as to why she shouldn't send them to me or why I can't take them home with me after a visit. My sister has already priced a few on e-bay, but my dad yelled at her when he found out so she hasn't mentioned it since. But those things are the first to go!

Forest Lady said...

Amy I think you're right. I do keep things thinking someone will want them someday, when chances are they will realize they will only take up valuable space in their house like they do in mine. I think chunking the junk is the best thing to do.