Sunday, May 10, 2009

Trekkies, Roses, and Diamonds




Yesterday we went to see Star Trek for my husband's birthday (last week) and he loved it. I'm not a trekkie but I have to admit it was a very good movie.

We went by the book store and met Elizabeth Bettina, the author of It Happened in Italy, a book about prisoner of war camps in Italy and how much better the Jews were treated there than in Germany. She signed a copy for me, noting it was the second book she'd ever signed in a bookstore. Of course, that is every writer's dream, to be sitting at the little table in the bookstore signing copies of your latest book. She was very nice, and gave us some of the stories behind the pictures in the book.

My son came by and brought me some roses for Mother's Day. They are beautiful flowers. My daughter sent me the funniest e-card. My youngest son will be calling later, I'm sure. He's a very late sleeper since he works the night shift.

Speaking of the youngest, he bought his girlfriend an engagement ring this week. He special ordered it, so it hasn't come into the local jewelry store yet, but since they had been looking at rings together, the proposal won't be a total surprise. However, she doesn't know he bought the ring. She wanted a certain look, and he found it in something he could afford. I'm happy for him. I like her a lot, and will be glad to have her as a daughter-in-law and future grandchildren's mother! (Yes, I'm getting ahead of myself.)


So to all you mom's out there, Happy Mother's Day. Kiss those babies.

2 comments:

Jammie J. said...

Happy Mother's Day to you... sounds as if you're appreciated and loved. That's a good thing. :)

Cathy said...

Happy Mother's Day!